What is Thai Massage Therapy?
For more than 2,500 years, Thai Massage has been a therapeutic healing technique. It is said that the technique was developed by the Buddha’s personal physician. With regular massage, it is possible to achieve an unhindered flow of energy throughout the body. The benefits are numerous, not the least of which is the great potential for freedom from pain.
How is it done?
The main ‘channels’ for distributing these energies are called ‘Sen’ lines. Compression on these Sen lines stimulates energy flow. When Sen lines are released from stagnation and blockages, pain and discomforts are greatly relieved.
During the massage, the recipient, wearing comfortable non-restrictive clothing , lies on a mat placed on the floor, or uses a Massage Table depending on your preference. Mandy Mintz uses her thumbs, palms, forearms, elbows, feet, knees and shins to press and stretch the recipient’s body. Thai Massage employs the four states of mind which are, Metta (loving kindness), compassion, joy and balance. There is a flow of each position, transferring smoothly and slowly into the next. Some people sleep through the sessions when a relaxation treatment is indicated while others prefer a more intense experience. Each massage is customized to the individual’s needs.
What is Thai Heat Massage?
Thai Heat Massage blends the profound benefits of heat, aroma, herbs and compression to relax sore muscles and increase flexibility and further stimulate blood flow. The hot compress is made up of therapeutic herbs, some of which are ginger, cinnamon, eucalyptus, camphor, menthol, cajuput oil, mint oil, clove oil, and cassia oil. The herbs in the compress hold the heat from the steam to deeply penetrate & relax your muscles. The herbs also possess properties that are anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent and antioxidant. They are used to address sprains, bruises and sore muscles, cleanse and heal the skin by promoting cell growth, and aid upper respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, asthma, and the common cold. They are steamed and then pressed into the body. It is kept moist from the steam without being wet. The herbal bundles have proven to be effective in seemingly softening and “melting away” hard knots and scar tissue away to get at the real underlying issues.
What are the benefits of Thai Massage?
Balance and unimpeded flow of Sen are vital for good health. Thai massage achieves this, often correcting emotional problems as well as physical ones. In addition, you will gain mental clarity while you calm and clear your mind. This can improve your overall energy levels.
- Improved posture, accomplished by relieving areas of tension in the body, and correcting alignment.
- Muscle and joint pain relief.
- Improved immune system, accomplished by ridding the body of excess toxins, thereby aiding in disease prevention.
- Greater performance efficiency for athletes.
- Relief of constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and other digestive problems.
- Diminishing, and in some cases, eliminating headaches, sciatica, back and neck pain.
- Increased mobility by diminishing joint pain and stiffness due to arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
- Thai massage is for people of all ages and levels of fitness, and everyone can anticipate achieving greater energy and focus.